Exploring the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme: 2023 Update
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 for NER: Under the auspices of the University Grants Commission (UGC), the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), formerly known as the Ministry of Education, launched the Ishaan Uday Scholarship Scheme in 2014. Students from the North Eastern Region now have a rare opportunity to pursue their aspirations of higher education thanks to a government of India initiative. Every year, the government issues an online application call that attracts the interest of many eager students.
|Scheme Name||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Government||Government of India|
|Start Date||3rd October 2023|
|Last Date||31st December 2023|
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme: 2023 Insights
Here are some more specifics about the Ishan Uday Scholarship Program for the school year 2023–2024:
Name of Scheme: Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, 2023
Academic Session: 2023-24
Scholarship Authority: Government of IndiaNo of Beneficiaries: 10,000 students per year.
Eligible States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura.
Helplines for ISHAN UDAY Scholarship
The following contact methods are available for students needing assistance with submitting their applications for the ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme:
- Phone Number: 0120-6619540
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Objectives of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
The Ishan Uday Scholarship Program was created with the following main goals in mind:
- equitable Opportunities: To give everyone in the North Eastern Region equitable access to higher education.
- Increasing Enrollment: To improve the North Eastern Region’s Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER).
- Promote professional education in the area with a focus on professional education.
- Effective Budget Utilization: To make the best use of the financial resources allocated to the North Eastern Region.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Fellowship
Under this scheme, students can receive financial support through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT):
- For General Degree courses: Rs. 5,400/- per month.
- For Technical and Professional courses (including Medical & paramedical courses): Rs. 7,800/- per month.
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship
To be eligible for the Ishan Uday Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Educational Institutes: North Eastern Region (NER) residents who have taken the Class XII or equivalent test from a school inside the NER through a recognized board of education. This includes students who have earned admission to general degree programs, technical and professional programs, including medical and paramedical programs (integrated courses included), at universities, colleges, and institutions accredited under a variety of categories, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), and National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) only within NER.
- Course Semester/Class: Only students in their 1st year of their course or 1st semester are eligible.
- Family Income: Eligible students’ parents must have an annual income of not more than Rs. 4.5 lakhs.
- Reservation: The scheme also extends eligibility to students in the Transgender category, following government rules for reservation.
Exclusions from the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
Certain categories of students are excluded from this scholarship program:
- students enrolled in open universities’ courses or programs.
- Students already have access to scholarships through various programs for their undergraduate degrees.
- students admitted under the “management quota.”
- students studying programs like diploma courses that do not result in a degree.
- pupils whose parents make more than Rs. 4.5 lakhs annually.
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship?
Through the National Scholarship Portal’s official website, qualified candidates can submit an application for the Ishan Uday Scholarship. A step-by-step manual to help applicants complete their applications is provided below:
- Check the Important Link area as you scroll down.
- The Online Application Link should be clicked.
- A new browser tab will appear with an official web page. Create an account for yourself (renewing applicants do not need to create an account again).
- After registering, fill out all the necessary information. Your Student Application ID will be displayed on a page; make a note of it for your records and click “Continue.”
- There will be a login form; fill it out with your User ID, Password (which will be provided to the registered mobile number), and Captcha verification, then click “Login.”
- After logging in successfully, provide your registration information, academic information, and basic information.
- When finished, click “Save and Continue”.
- Details about the scheme should be entered, and documents should be uploaded.
- Select “Final Submit” from the menu.
- Your completed information will appear on a page. To print a copy of the submitted application, click “Print”.
- Send the printed application acknowledgement copy and the necessary paperwork to your college or institute.
Required Documents for Online Application
To complete the ISHAN UDAY scholarship application, students must prepare the following documents:
- Bank Passbook
- Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card/Bonafide Certificate
- Joining Proforma for fresh awardees (Annexure-I)
- Proforma for renewal (Annexure-II)
- Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
- Quarterly Continuation Certificate (Annexure-III)
- Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship, in the form of an affidavit on Rs. 50/- Stamp paper, duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer, copying the prescribed language (Annexure-IV))
Important Dates for Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Application Start Date: 3rd October 2023
- Application Last Date: 31st December 2023
- Defective Verification: To be Notified Later
- Institute Verification: To be Notified Later
Important Links of Ishan Uday Scholarship
|Online Application Link||Register | Login|
|Scholarship Guidelines||Click Here|
|Visit Official Website||Click Here|
|More Govt. Jobs||Click Here|
|Join us Telegram||Click Here|
|More Govt. Jobs||Click Here|
Selection Process of Ishan Uday Scholarship
The following criteria will be used to determine the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme’s selection and merit list:
- 10,000 places are total available under this program, and 10,000 students will get awards.
- Distribution: The Population Census (Last) will determine how the slots are distributed among the NER states.
- In the event that a seat is left vacant because there are no qualified candidates in a given state, the open positions will be split evenly among the other states.
- Reservation: In compliance with Government of India regulations, people with disabilities (PWD) shall be given reservation.
FAQ of Ishan Uday Scholarship
Q. What is the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme?
A scholarship program called the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme was established by the Indian government to help deserving students from the North Eastern Region (NER) afford higher education.
Q. How can I apply for the scholarship?
A. To apply, go to the official National Scholarship Portal, register, provide the necessary information, attach supporting materials, and submit the online application. The webpage contains thorough application instructions.
Q. Are there any exclusions from the scholarship program?
A. Certain groups are disqualified, including those who are enrolled in courses through open universities, who are already getting undergraduate scholarships from other programs, and those whose parents earn more than Rs. 4.5 lakhs annually.
Q. How are scholarship slots allocated?
A. Slots are apportioned among the NER states in accordance with the Population Census (Last). If a state has open seats, they are evenly divided among the other states.
Q. Is there reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWD)?
A. According to the rules set forth by the Government of India, there is reservation for PWD students.
Q. Can I renew the Ishan Uday Scholarship?
A. Yes, renewal is possible for existing awardees who meet the eligibility criteria and continue their studies.
Q. Where can I find more information and support?
A. You can visit the official National Scholarship Portal or get in touch with the Ishan Uday Scholarship hotline at 0120-6619540 or email@example.com for more information and assistance.
Please take note that the solutions offered here are for general informational purposes only; for the most current and recent details regarding the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, applicants should always refer to the official guidelines and portal.