EPF Claim Status: Check the complete procedure here!

Photo of author

By Bhargab Kaushik

Both online and offline options are available for the EPF claim process. On unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in, anyone who are concerned about the status of their EPF Claim can verify it online using their login and unique identification number.

EPF Claim Status: Check the complete procedure here!

EPF Claim Status

Government-sponsored Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a savings scheme created to assist employees meet their retirement obligations. The EPF for government employees is the General Provident Fund (GPF).

The employee and the employer each make a monthly contribution to the employee’s EPF account, in accordance with the PF program. Employees should put down at least 12% of their base pay. Additionally, the employer is required to contribute 12% of the employee’s base salary.

Check EPF Claim Status

People who have submitted an EPF claim and want to know its status can do so online, by SMS, or via a missed call. Additionally, EPF offers the option of auto-generated texts. Candidates who have submitted claims through the unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in internet portal can also view the status of their claims as being rejected or in progress there.

ClaimEPF Claim
OrganizationEmployee’s Provident Fund
Ways to CheckOnline, SMS
Official Websiteunifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in

EPF Claims Status Important Details

To monitor the progress of a claim online, employees must provide sensitive but crucial information. Online EPF withdrawals are now easy and possible thanks to the EPFO. The UAN number must be activated in order to withdraw money. The EPFO portal may be used to carry out the activation process. To check the status of their claim, workers must have the following information on hand: Extension code for the business, if applicable Regional Office of the Employer’s EPF

  • Worldwide Account Number
  • EPF Offline Claim Procedure
  • Application for EPF

Steps to check unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in online:

  • Login to the unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in.
  • Enter the UAN number and password.
  • Click the online services tab from the EPF website.
  • Click track claim status to know the EPF Status.

Get EPF Status with a missed call

  • By calling 011-22901406 from their registered cellphone number and leaving a missed call, employees can find out the status of their claim.
  • The employee must, however, connect their phone number to their UAN.
  • On the UAN site, the employee must also update their PAN, Aadhaar, and bank account information.
  • Due to the call terminating after two rings, the employee is not fined. The claim’s specifics will be sent through SMS to the registered phone.

Get EPF Status by text message

  • Employees can send an SMS to inquire about the status of their claim. To send the SMS, the employee’s mobile device needs to be connected to the UAN website.
  • The SMS must be sent to 7738299899 in the following format: “EPFOHO UAN LAN”.
  • The format designates the language the employee would prefer to receive the information in as ‘LAN’.

EPF Claims Requirements

A person having an EPF account is eligible to submit an EPF withdrawal claim for the EPF funds in the following situations:

  • A claim for the entire EPF corpus may be submitted after retirement or at the age of 55. Early retirement cannot be used to claim the entire EPF amount.
  • A 90% claim of the EPF sum may be made at age 54 or one year before to retirement.
  • If you become unemployed, you may take 75% of your EPF benefit; the remaining 25% may be transferred to a new EPF account whenever you find employment again.
  • The EPF account can be completely claimed after two months of unemployment.

EPF Claim Online Process

  • The Method of Online Withdrawal
  • At the time the claim is lodged, you cannot be working for a company that is subject to the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
  • A claim may only be submitted for final settlement two months following the last day of employment.
  • Verified with Your PAN and Aadhaar
  • Your former employer ought to have updated the Date of Exit (DOE) details for the EPF and EPS in your Service History.
  • Please verify your bank account information. as money is transferred into your bank account.

If you don’t meet these criteria, you must go offline and give your previous employer the EPF withdrawal form. Our article, “EPF Withdrawal: How to Withdraw from EPF and EPS,” explains it in more detail. Download the most recent Composite Claim Form (Aadhaar)/Composite Claim Form (non-Aadhaar) to withdraw your EPF amount.

Also Read:

Visit: Prtya.com Homepage To Get Relevant Topics

Leave a Comment