Brand: Dr. Martens
Color: White Polished Smooth
- THE PLATFORM: A fierce adaptation of the 8-eye boot with chunky platform soles and rugged tread for extra empowerment; Made with original grooved edges, yellow stitching and heel-loop
- AIR-CUSHIONED: Dr. Martens famous “bouncing” AirWair soles are comfortable, oil and fat resistant and provide good abrasion and slip resistance
- MADE LIKE NO OTHER: Boots built to pound the pavement; The leather upper and sole are heat-sealed together for exceptional durability
- AUTHENTIC AS YOU: Made with classic leather that only gets better with time; Use Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam to protect the leather and keep your boots clean, soft and supple
- KICK THE NORM: From utilitarian work boot to cultural icon, Dr. Martens became a symbol of self-expression; Stand up, stand out and wear them well
Details: Product Description
The Jadon adds a fierce, chunky platform sole to the original 8-eye boot for 1 3/4 inches of pure empowerment. This boot retains all the recognizable Doc’s details, including grooved edges, yellow stitching and heel-loop, and adds an inner ankle zip for easy on and off. Built to last, this unisex boot is forged using one of the finest methods of construction: utilizing a Goodyear welt and heat-sealing it to the sole. The Jadon is made with highly durable leather and sits on an AirWair sole, which is oil and fat resistant with good abrasion and slip resistance. Use Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam to protect the leather and keep your boots clean, soft and supple.
From the Manufacturer
Dr. Martens is the stuff of legends. It all began near Munich, Germany in 1945 when Dr. Klaus Maertens injured his foot in a skiing accident in the Bavarian Alps. To make walking easier during the healing process, he designed a shoe with an air-cushioned sole. Using old rubber tires, he constructed soles that had air trapped within closed compartments. He showed his prototype to his engineer/inventor friend, Dr. Herbert Funck, and together they decided to develop and produce the shoes. Not only did the shoe solve the doctor's immediate problem, but it also started to sell well in Germany. By 1959 the two decided that they needed a company to produce and distribute the shoes, then called Dr. Maertens, in other parts of the world. At first, many manufacturers rejected the concept of an air cushioned sole as a short-lived gimmick. However, the R. Griggs Group, located in the village of Wollaston in England, decided to go along with the idea by creating the first work boot with the revolutionary sole. On the first of April 1960, the first cherry red eight-eyelet work boot was produced and named 1460. To sell the brand name better in England, the name was anglicized to Dr. Martens. The range was branded AirWair and the rest is history.
Package Dimensions: 16.4 x 13.2 x 5.2 inches